2018 VV NATIONALS - Additional Activities Apr 13, 2018 22:51:02 GMT 10
Post by Don Ricardo on Apr 13, 2018 22:51:02 GMT 10
2018 VINTAGE CARAVAN NATIONALS
1. SWAP/SELL/BUY TRADING TABLES - Saturday morning, 21 April
A number of people have requested an opportunity to set up a swap/sell trading table. The best time for that will be on the morning of Saturday the 21st. Saturday is intended as an "in house" day when Nationals attendees will be free to wander the caravan park, meet each other and visit each others' vans. So clear out your sheds and cupboards and bring all those bits and pieces that you'll never need, but may be just be what another vintage vanner is looking for.
2. CHARITY AUCTION - Tuesday, 24 April at 4.00 pm
It has become a bit of a tradition at the Nationals to hold an auction with all the proceeds going to charity. This year the proceeds from the auction will be divided between:
- The Flying Doctor Service - this is one of Firefighter's favourite charities, and has been selected in his honour.
- The Mark Hughes Brain Cancer Foundation - a foundation based on the central coast of NSW which raises funds for brain cancer research and has been suggested by a forum member.
And if you've already left home and not brought anything to add to the items for the auction, maybe you can drop in to a second hand shop on the way and buy something for the auction table? (Sorry, that's a cheeky suggestion, but why not? )
3. BRENTEN'S TRIMMING/UPHOLSTERY DEMO - During Happy Hour on a day to be announced
Brenten is a highly skilled automotive trimmer and upholsterer who held a couple of well attended 'how to' demos at the 2014 VV Nationals at Broken Hill. A number of people have asked for a repeat, and Brenten is happy to oblige. The demo will be held during Happy Hour on a day to be decided. Listen out for an announcement, and watch the daily activities written up on the central whiteboard.
4. FUEL STOVE & LANTERN SHOW & TELL - During Happy Hour on a day to be announced
A number of vintage vanners including Koala and Akeepsake will be bringing some items from their collection of fuel stoves and lanterns, and an opportunity for a show & tell will be arranged during a Happy Hour on a day to be decided. Listen out for an announcement, and watch the daily activities written up on the central whiteboard.
Anyone who would like to bring a fuel stove or lantern, or associated item, to be part of the show & tell is welcome to do so.
5. YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THE VINTAGE CARAVANS FORUM ANSWERED - Day and time to be decided
A number of vintage vanners run into problems posting on the forum, and particularly with posting photos. If there are enough people interested, we will hold a Question & Answer session about using the forum. Day and time to be decided depending on demand.
6. AND WAIT THERE'S MORE... (but no steak knives as far as we know!)
If you're looking for more things to do during your time at the Nationals, forum members Scot have compiled a magnificent list of additional, great activities in conjunction with local traders. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Thanks to Scot for this great contribution to the Nationals. Well done guys and much appreciated!