Not sure if been mentioned but if this coronavirus keeps going thru April into May with no crowds of more than 500, thinking this event will be getting up there in numbers. What happens will it be postponed till next year or cancelled. Really looking forward to going along but without knowing the future it may need to be discussed and other plans put into play. Fingers crossed 🤞🏿 all goes to plan.
Hi LACP and others,
With the situation regarding the threat from the Corona Virus/Covid 19 and the required response changing daily, the 2020 Nationals organising team has been discussing the implications for the Nationals for a couple of weeks. At this stage no decision has been made to postpone or cancel the event, but we have the whole situation under regular review. It may be that some or all of the activities on the Nationals program will not be available. The organising team is also conscious of the fact that a large proportion of vintage vanners are in one of the high risk groups.
We will make a final decision at the beginning of April or before, so that everyone has as much time as possible to adjust their plans. Those who have paid for the Nationals Dinner or other events will have their money fully refunded.
It seems the states have varied info, whereby our local "farmers market" may be been cancelled this week, yet the duopoly still continues to profit, of course they must stay open along with other supermarkets, but one would think fresh food would be high on the agenda.
The trial vaccine has started today (funded by the public ?) so hopefully its a success.
For those who can remember what happened in the war years with vouchers?
I hope personally the Nationals go ahead as all I want to do is "Get Out Of Town" !!!! Cheers
Huge thank you to all the organizers for the 2020 Nats! The great program shows the amount of work & planning you have put in.
So I’m very sorry to say that Rob & I will most likely cancel our booking if the 2020 Nats go ahead or postpone our booking if Nats are re-scheduled to 2021 at Victor Harbor. Reason being I don’t think we could be self sufficient for a months return travel to SA, plus the huge stress. With the peak of COVID19 expected to be May, June we don’t want to take the chance of getting the virus.